Height 4189 m.a.s.l..
Santiago de Machaca textile art – La Paz
Textile art of Santiago de Machaca can be seen in the Museum and center of production of Textiles REDCOM: AIIi exhibited important samples of tissue from the Andean region, for example describes the process of tissue, Since the domain of fibers with the spinning wheel and the different types of torcelados, dyed and warping to the obtaining of the final product. The Center is dedicated to conducting courses and seminars on issues of production and sale of textile. The Association works in the municipalities of Catacora and Santiago de Machaca and "Arisama" communities, "Pairumani", "Parachi" and "Huaripujllo". Santiago de Machaca has camelid livestock in their main occupation and has been named as the Capital of the flame or "QARA". The skills of the people in the production of textiles are a way of influencing the universal vocation of the peoples. Its products are used in the costume of the dance more emblematic of the region as it is the "Tarqueada", based on instruments
The most representative of this area tissues are blankets, ponchos, scarves, gloves, socks, art born of spinning wheels and looms that are in your colors and figures the synthesis of the complex symbiosis of stories, the myths, the gods and peoples.
SELF-GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENT OF PEACE
MINISTRY OF ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND INDUSTRIAL PROCESSING
DIRECTORATE OF CULTURE AND TOURISM
Province José Manuel Pando
- Wildlife – PeaceWildlife. Among their species greater preponderance by their number and beauty is …
- Province José Manuel Pando – La PazProvince José Manuel Pando. This is linked to the old manor Aymara. Was founded by enacted law …
- Santiago de Machaca textile art – La PazTextile art of Santiago de Machaca can be seen in the Museum and Center …
- Church Catacora – La PazCatacora Church is a monumental infrastructure characterized by having elements of architecture …
- Hill of Quenuas – La PazThe Hill of Quenuas is located in the southern part this in relation to …
- Church Santiago de Machaca – La PazChurch Santiago de Machaca. Its architectural composition translates the mestizaje cultural partner who brought the conquest. …
- Centro Artesanal Catacora – La PazIn the population centre artisanal catacora villagers engaged in clothing collection …
- Expo fair camelids – La PazCamelids Expo fair takes place in the village of Catacora, because of its importance …
Not in any sidebars Widget
Do you want to advertise your tourist services free of charge?
Radio taxi service
Interdepartmental transportation – rural