Wear light clothing for the day and sheltered for the night, comfortable shoes, lenses and Sun Hat, waterproof outerwear for rainy season.
Coordinates UTM N 8323892 – E 502092
Altitude 3227 m.a.s.l..
Temperature Min. 3.7 OC – Max. 21 OC
Textile crafts Charazani – La Paz
Textiles in the Charazani municipality is one of the best cultural examples of the ancestral heritage of the region. It is an expression of the manual dexterity of the settlers and trace the ethnic and social identity of the Kallawaya synthesizing the worldview and the deep knowledge of the natural environment.
The tissues as well as products with commercial value are also cultural symbols, used as a form of communication. The figurative symbolism and the variety of designs integrate with representations of animals, flora and other characteristic motifs. Women are the carriers of knowledge about procedures, techniques of spinning and treatment of the wool of sheep and llama on rustic looms. Garments with greater commercial value are ponchos, aguayos, Shapewear, chuspas, handles, Ribbons for the hair and lIuchus that are also used in social events, religious festivals and rituals.
SELF-GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENT OF PEACE
MINISTRY OF ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND INDUSTRIAL PROCESSING
DIRECTORATE OF CULTURE AND TOURISM
Bautista Saavedra Province
- Woven community child Corin – La PazThe community of child Corin is located approximately 8 kilometers to the West of the …
- Textile crafts Charazani – La PazTextile crafts Charazani . The textile in the municipality of Charazani constitute an of the …
- Kallawaya culture – La PazKallawaya culture. The Kallawaya are now settled in the towns of curve, Chajaya, Khanlaya, …
- Museum of interpretation Tilinhuaya – LagunillasIt is located a few minutes from the town of Lagunillas, at a distance of …
- Apolobamba integrated management natural area – La PazApolobamba. Located in the extreme west of the Department of the peace between the provinces Baptist …
- Snowy Akhamani – La PazEI Nevado Akhamani is located in the mountain range of Apolobamba to the North of the Department of …
- Trek of the Kallawaya – La PazTrek of the Kallawaya. The path of the Kallawaya known as "EI long Trek" …
- Bautista Saavedra Province – La PazThe Bautista Saavedra Province is identified with traditional medicine which is an ancestral legacy. …
- Laguna Natural de Lagunillas – La PazLaguna Natural de Lagunillas displayed a lush vegetation on its surface. The presence of algae …
- The Kallawaya traditional medicine – La PazThe Kallawaya traditional medicine comprises practical knowledge and beliefs that the inhabitants of the province …
Not in any sidebars Widget
Do you want to advertise your tourist services free of charge?
Radio taxi service
Interdepartmental transportation – rural
Not in any sidebars Widget