Wear light clothing for the day and sheltered for the night, comfortable shoes, lenses and Sun Hat; first aid kit with sunscreen and medicine for altitude sickness.
Coordinates UTM N 8170489 – E 568187
Altitude 3939 m.a.s.l..
Temperature Min. 3 OC – Max. 18 OC
[restabs alignment =”OSC-tabs-left” pills =”NAV-pills” responsive =”false” class =”tabolivia” seltabcolor =”#1e73be” tabhovercolor =”#0066BF”]
[Reset title =”Description” Active =”Active”]
Laja Church is located in the plaza Principal of the town of the same name to 47 kilometers from the city of La Paz. The construction of the temple goes back to 1545. Was built by the first conquistadors who came to the area in what formerly was the aymara people, known as "Llaxa" or "Lappara". In 1680 was remodeled with forms Renaissance, in its facade main is added in the home of stone two columns Solomonic and four reliefs with ornamentation of images typical of the cultures Andean and European as monkeys and Eagles Derby. The presence of two bell towers, made of stone with mortar of mud can be seen on the sides of the construction. In them you can find three bells which are nowadays used to summon the faithful to religious celebrations. The magnificent choir of the Church is located on the back, presents several figures carved in wood. It conserves paintings of the early 17TH century and the second half of the 18th century. The altar is of Silver Guilloche, thus also the figures that are located around the Virgen de la Inmaculada Concepción. The feast of the population held the 8 December in homage to the Virgen de la Concepción, in she participating devotees of them populations surrounding and residents of the cities of the peace and the high.
[Reset title =”+Places”]
Temple Colonial punishments
Centro Artesanal Pariti island
Center island of Suriki craft