Sweater fleece type, Cap, gloves and gloves, Glacier glasses, shoes double leather, anti and hot underwear.
Mountain tourism, taking pictures, Sky, observation of landscapes, mountain biking, high-mountain trekking, climbing on rock and ice.
Nevado Huayna Potosí – La Paz
The snow mountain of Huayna Potosi is located in one of the most important chains of the Eastern Andes of Bolivia known as Cordillera Real. Its name derives from the language aymara which means "Young Potosí", in the form of an imposing pyramid of ice with three faces. This massif has two high summits, the first located to the North with a height of 6.088 m.a.s.l.. and the South to 5.920 m.a.s.l.. To access this majestic set of rock, snow and ice is necessary to begin from the distant city of peace to 52 kilometres towards the town of Zongo, continue on the detour to the Milluni mine and the dam of Zongo to reach the base of the snowy and refuge Huayna Potosí. From this point begins the ascent to its Summit. Among the most popular routes are the normal way on the faces of the snowy East, North and South known as "the French route", the West face, via de Lyon and the via of the triangle.
The history of promotions to this snow-covered back to 1877 and 1898, time in which early attempts to reach the Summit were carried out. The first successful ascent to the Summit was made the year 1919 by Germans Rudolf Dienst and O. Lohse. Starting from 1950, This nevado Condoriri massifs with, IlIampu and IIlimani has been the subject of massive raids by foreign mountaineers, amateur athletes and young adventurers, becoming one of the summits of the coveted by climbers of the Cordillera Real. The best time to visit is during the months of May to October; It is advisable to take an agency services operator specializing in mountain tourism.
SELF-GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENT OF PEACE
MINISTRY OF ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND INDUSTRIAL PROCESSING
DIRECTORATE OF CULTURE AND TOURISM
- Nevado Sajama – OruroThe Sajama was sacred mountain of the pre-Inca culture of the Carangas, is the attraction …
- Nevado Illampu – La PazHe snow Illampu is one of those solid more representative of the Cordillera Real; ES …
- Nevado Huayna Potosí – La PazThe snow mountain of Huayna Potosi is located in one of the most important chains …
- Nevado Condoriri – La PazThe Nevado Condoriri, name of origin aymara which means "head of Condor" has a height …
- Nevado Illimani – La PazNevado Illimani is also known by the names assigned by the inhabitants of the …
- The Summit – La PazThe Summit is the highest point of the road that links the high plateau with …
Not in any sidebars Widget