Temperature: Min. 6° C – Max. 18° C.
Height: 4220 m.a.s.l..
Province José Manuel Pando – La Paz
This is linked to the old manor Aymara. Was founded by law passed by Victor Paz Estensoro the 29 April of 1986. Its territory has an extension of 1.976 Km2, with a population close to 7.883 inhabitants (lNE 2008). It borders this way with the provinces Pacajes and Ingavi, to the West with the Republic of Peru, to the North with the Ingavi province and to the South with the Pacajes province. José Manuel Pando province was part of neighboring Pacajes, so that their origin is linked to the lordship of the Aymara, Eagles men's. Santiago de Machaca is the capital of the province. Jesus and San Andrés de Machaca were purchased in 1585 by the natives of the place to the Spanish Crown. The climate of the province is cold and dry with an average temperature of 7 degrees Celsius. You suffer from frosts and sudden hailstones that make farming very difficult, Despite that, the production of barley is very relevant, quinoa, cañawa.
The Patron Saint fiestas are important, each 14 in September it vibrates with the communal celebration. Santiago de Machaca in Corpus Christi festivities mobilized a large number of tourists. The tarqueada is native dance, Dance especially the 25 December and on Carnival. Men wear white hat, tone and black vest shirt. The bear is a character in the holidays. The pinkillada is another folk musical manifestation that
is identified with the region.
SELF-GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENT OF PEACE
MINISTRY OF ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND INDUSTRIAL PROCESSING
DIRECTORATE OF CULTURE AND TOURISM
Province José Manuel Pando
- Hill of Quenuas – La PazThe Hill of Quenuas is located in the southern part this in relation to …
- Church Santiago de Machaca – La PazChurch Santiago de Machaca. Its architectural composition translates the mestizaje cultural partner who brought the conquest. …
- Wildlife – PeaceWildlife. Among their species greater preponderance by their number and beauty is …
- Expo fair camelids – La PazCamelids Expo fair takes place in the village of Catacora, because of its importance …
- Province José Manuel Pando – La PazProvince José Manuel Pando. This is linked to the old manor Aymara. Was founded by enacted law …
- Santiago de Machaca textile art – La PazTextile art of Santiago de Machaca can be seen in the Museum and Center …
- Church Catacora – La PazCatacora Church is a monumental infrastructure characterized by having elements of architecture …
- Centro Artesanal Catacora – La PazIn the population centre artisanal catacora villagers engaged in clothing collection …
Not in any sidebars Widget
Do you want to advertise your tourist services free of charge?
Radio taxi service
Interdepartmental transportation – rural