Altitude 3700 masl
Carnaval de Oruro
Carnival of Oruro It is a celebration created by the Catholic religion in times of the Viceroyalty thus came to be a "Master of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of humanity" (UNESCO) capable of generating cultural and faith in different social strata. The party's was transformed in ritual Christian in thanks to the Virgin of the Tunnel that held the 2 February. Along the Festival participate more than 48 folklore ensembles which are distributed in 18 specialties of dances that together of different parts of Bolivia and that made their pilgrimage to the sanctuary of the Tunnel every Saturday of Carnival in the traditional "entry". This celebration by the popularity in recent years; because of its great cultural manifestation and tourist attraction, He went on to become one of the most important festivals in Bolivia and South America.
The celebration takes place in the city of Oruro, considered the folklore capital of Bolivia. In the Carnival of Oruro they still live in a pagan and Catholic religion symbiosis, showing the world their unique religious syncretism, three days before Saturday's pilgrimage to the sanctuary of the Tunnel on the part of the 48 sets, people visit to the “Condor” and a week later to the “Viper” to the South of the city, the “Toad” to the North and East the beaches (ants). The Oruro Carnival part of the rainy temporary structure of the altiplano (jallupacha) It starts with the rituals of November linked to the cult of the dead in "All saints" (Next week the first Carnival treat), period extending to February (Entry of pilgrimage to the Virgin of the Tunnel). According to the law 602 of the Republic of Bolivia, they are organizers of the Carnival of Oruro: The Municipal Government of Oruro, the Association of Folklore ensembles (A.C.F.O.) and the departmental Committee of Ethnography and Folklore of Oruro. Today, the most important celebrations focus on the sanctuary of the tunnel. Are 18 Dance specialties, being 48 the folk groups enrolled in the A.C.F.O. The devotion of the dancers is so great for the Virgin of the Tunnel o (Mommy Candelaria) that you come from different regions of the country, and they perform an extensive tour, arriving at the Church the dancers make their entrance to the sanctuary of knees and with tears in his face asking a favor to the Virgin of the Tunnel and in gratitude promise to dance during three years consecutive. Everything ends with two theatrical performances of Catholic works one in the Spanish conquest and the other focusing on the triumph of the Archangel Michael on the demon.
1970 It is declared by decree to capital the Folklore of Bolivia Oruro. Born to rank of law in 1984.
1994 A Bolivian Government Decree declared Patron Saint of the Bolivian folklore to the Virgin of Socavon.
1995 The State of Bolivia recognizes the entry of Carnival's Oruro as Cultural Heritage, Traditional, Artistic and folkloric, showing the meaning of popular and traditional culture.
2001 The United Nations Organization for education, Science and culture (UNESCO) Proclamation to the Carnival of Oruro works masterpiece of the oral and intangible heritage of humanity.
2008 The Oruro Carnival is enrollee in the list representative of the Cultural intangible heritage.
2012 The Parliament Andean recognizes the importance of the Carnival of Oruro as “Heritage intangible of the community Andean expressed in their 48 folk ensembles and in their 18 Dance specialties”
World Heritage site
An international jury of personalities, convened by the United Nations Organization for education, Science and culture (UNESCO), proclaimed the Carnival of Oruro as "Master of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of humanity". The 18 may of the 2001, the proclamation was broadcast from Paris, France. The international jury was presided over by the writer Juan Goytisolo. The art world, cultural, academic and Government was represented by the President of the República de Malí, Alpha Oumar Konare, the Kabaka of Uganda, His Majesty Ronald Muwenda Mutebi il, the Princess Basma Bint Talal of Jordan, the Mexican writer Carlos Fuentes and the Bolivian singer Zulma Yugar. Carnival of Oruro to be the conjunction of more of 28.000 dancers, about 10.000 distributed musicians in 150 bands, Street Dance with a stage full of more of 400.000 spectators of the country and foreigners in almost four kilometres away, in an unimaginable children meeting, girls, women and men, that you sing, they dance and work, in honor to the Virgin of Socavon, Patron Saint of the miners and Queen of the folklore of Bolivia. He came to become a centre of irradiation of dance and music of Diabladas, morenadas, caporales, tuffs, tinkus, etc. and in this way become a "work master of the Oral and Intangible of heritage".
The historical importance which I gravito Oruro and its great cultural and religious influence make your Carnival a natural scenario that reflects the interculturality in the various areas of Bolivia within their 416 miles blocks.
Area andino-Altiplano of Bolivia in the foot are valleys called Yungas where come from the dance of the Negritos, Saya and the Caporales. The dense population of this area where the departments of Potosi, Oruro and part of La Paz It is rich in folklore and many of these dances are involved in the Carnival of Oruro, among these dances are morenada, the diablada, the Tinku, Llamerada, tinku, Kallawaya, the doctorcitos, Incas and kantus which coexist in time and space, making all, the glittering Carnival of Oruro.
• Llameros (LLamerada)
• Suri Sicuri
Waca • wacas
• Awqui awqui
• Huititis (witite)
• Jalq'a ’ ACE or jalkas
Waca • tokoris
• Inti llakjta
• Afro saya
• Wheel chapaca
- Welcome to the 2016 in the interactive space PipiripiThis space is part of the new generation museums, offering an interactive thematic Museum experience with a …
- Feast of all Saints in BoliviaDuring this festival, the memory of the dead is grown, blooming their graves; the cemetery is filled throughout the day, …
- Alasitas fair & The Ekeko - peaceAlasitas fair – La Paz-Alasitas fair is a tradition of the city of La Paz. Is …
- DAKAR 2017The route of the Dakar 2017 takes the values of the rally-raid, with a challenge physical that will lead to the pilots, …
- Carnaval de Oruro - BoliviaRecommendations altitude 3700 The Oruro Carnival of Oruro Carnival is a celebration created by the Catholic religion in times of the …
- JTWO choreographies – La PazESlow Motion Cover Dance By JTWO Choreography By Matt steffanina Jet Valencia … Recommendations JTWO choreographies – JTWO peace …
- cultural and civic activities in tribute to the fiestas julias 2018In these days leading up to a new anniversary by the revolution of the 16 July of 1809, the Mayor's Office offers …
- 132 cultural activities to further boost the pride of the La PazIn the calle Apolinar Jaén, a few steps from the House of Pedro Domingo Murillo, Live Claudia Ormachea, of …
- Fitaz 2016 The provo to volare - Teatro Municipal Alberto Saavedra Perez – La PazTomorrow 14 April at the Municipal Theatre opens the International Festival of theater of peace, FITAZ 2016. …
- Party religious of San Miguel – San Gabriel – San Rafael“OFFICIAL LAUNCH” Party religious of San Miguel – San Gabriel – San Rafael. – MONDAY 17 October-Hrs. …
- Victour Bolivia – Tourist agencyVICTOUR Travel & Bureau is a receptive tour operator …
- ITG CLEAN – Clean and economicHISTORY ITG CLEAN is a company with …
- Coca Travels Bolivia – Tourist agencyThe Coca Travels company's mission is to meet the …
- Salar Uyuni Betto Tours – Tourist agencySalar Uyuni Betto Tours – Agency tourism web site: www.visitasalaruyuni.com …
- RESERHOST WEB designInternet businesses are currently the most profitable by …