DISH LA PAZ - LA PAZ
The origin of the La Paz dish dates back to the fence that the city suffered in 1781 by the indigenous movement, led by Túpac Katari and Bartolina Sisa.
The siege lasted longer for three months and in the absence of Captain Sebastián Segurola foods, He commanded to call all the owners of nearby farms so that they collect all possible products. By this action, It managed to rescue sweet corn, beans, potatoes and sheep cheese. It is as well as the traditional dish of La Paz.
BALLIVIAN said that by then, each portion was purely vegetarian, but, already for the year 1800 When the cattle reaching La Paz, integrates as a complement to the dish meat. The cheese was also changing, before you prepared it with pecorino cheese, then with the cow, but its aesthetics and its taste did not change over time.
Form of preparation (suggestion)
4 large corn (depends on the number of people)
1 lb. beans with shell
1 medium cheese
1 sugar spoon
1 teaspoon of anise
salt to taste
– Preparation of the Llajua
5 sprigs of prawns or huacataya
1 pinch of salt
- Wash the corn and make Cook in water, Add sugar and anise.
- Wash beans thoroughly, make cook with Peel.
- Do Cook in plenty of hot water with salt, potatoes with Peel, carefully washed.
- Cut slices of cheese, Sprinkle with flour, the flour helps the cheese stays in one piece without RID and FRY in plenty of oil hot on both sides.
- Preparation of the llajua: wash ingredients, Remove seeds to the peppers, in batan or blender to grind everything together with the prawns (may the llajua have the same flavor but there is difference in the consistency of the llajua recommendation that many people make is that the llajua tastes best when it is ground in batan). At the end season with salt.
- Baked catfish – BeniThis dish called surubí oven was created thanks to the legend of the catfish that has the surubí appeared …
- Satina – OruroThe satina is a dish very known in the communities of Oruro and recognized by its great source of vitamins …
- Rice pies – PandoRecommendations … Rice pies – Pando this pie is prepared with rice flour and has various fillings. A …
- Cuñape – Santa CruzThe origin of the name “Cuñape”, it comes from the fusion of Guaraní origin words; that comes to be interpreted in …
- Cheese Humacha – La PazHumacha cheese, a simple dish that was introduced by the Spaniards in the colonial era, is a …
- Charquekan of flame – OruroRecommendations Charquekan – Oruro El Charquekan is a dish originating in the Department of Oruro. It consists of meat (beef or …
- Chuquisaca sausages – SucreChuquisaca sausages – Sucre chorizos criollos are typical food served before noon, which usually …
- Saice chapaco – TarijaThe saice chapaco is the most representative of Tarija's culinary dish. Made with minced meat, Potato, pea, …
- Plato Paceño – La PazThe origin of the La Paz dish dates back to the fence that the city suffered in 1781 by the indigenous movement, led …
- Rice bread – PandoRecommendations … Rice bread – Pando is a typical bread of the region, prepared with rice flour, ES …
- ADVENTURE ON WHEELS BOLIVIA – Biking tour – Operator AgencyADVENTURE ON WHEELS BOLIVIA – Biking tour – Operator Agency …
- Yan ’ s Tourism – Travel agencyYan´s Tourism is a receptive operator that is characterized …
- Salar Uyuni Betto Tours – Tourist agencySalar Uyuni Betto Tours – Agency tourism web site: www.visitasalaruyuni.com …
- BOLIVIA RIVERS TOURS S.R.L.. – Travel agencyBOLIVIA RIVERS TOURS S.R.L.. We are a growing company with …
Do you want to advertise your tourist services free of charge?
Radio taxi service
Interdepartmental transportation – rural