Knowing the entire environment is an unforgettable activity since it has unique landscapes, However found at high altitudes between 3600 up to 5000 height Mt, away from cities , with limited services and difficult paths, It is necessary to consider the following recommendations.
The kind of places they should take the following:
– Small cut tickets
– Sleeping bag
– Personal first aid kit
– Trouses long
– T-shirts long sleeves
– Warm clothes
– Cream for lips
– Cream for hands and face
– Wool Hat
– Torque Cap Sun
– Hiking boots
Note.- Take care of your backpacks and always attentive to anything.
Altitude 4000 – 5000 masl
Temperature Min. -10 C – Max. 20 C
[tabby title=”Description” open=”yes”]
Bedspread K – Potosi
The main tourist attractions of the municipality are:
- The Devil's Cave: The cave of the devil, bears this name because tales of the settlers on is. It is said that evenings are heard sounds of music and voices that are attributed to the presence of the devil. Carnival festivities are held in this cave, It is customary to perform rituals and offerings to the Pachamama playing music.
- Calvary Virgin of Guadalupe: The ordeal of the bedspread K Church, the Virgin of Guadalupe, is located on a hill behind the town up allowing seen from the heights of the village and its surroundings. The ascent to Calvary is held the 8 September when the entire population of the community rises up to the Chapel and compliance offerings and rituals to Pachamama asking what each needs through small representations of houses, land, Silver.
- Church quilt K: The Virgin of Guadalupe's quilt K Church, is located in the main square. Is in colonial style, recently renovated in time.
- Cave and archaeological museum Tanil Vinto: The Grotto Tanil Vinto presents in its spacious white rock formations that are believed to be petrified seaweeds. This cave does not have scientific studies difficult thus its valorisation and dissemination. The Museum presents very old pieces of tableware, textiles and mummies found in the same area by settlers.
- Community Museum of quinoa: The Community Museum of quinoa has the most varied and complete collection of quinoa seed, classified according to the different ecosystems of the region of the Bolivian Altiplano. His exhibition teaches the preparation of land for cultivation, forms of harvest and the various utilities that apply to this product by hand as in the industries. The infrastructure and the furnishings of the Museum were built by the residents of the community with local materials.
- Archaeological Museum Q'Atinchoo: The Atulcha Museum is located inside a cave where mummies are exhibited (chullpas) upright parts, utensils of daily life of the past civilizations, arrows of various sizes. In addition, in the vicinity of the Museum there is a chullpa than, According to the tales of the population however looting characteristic of the region in archaeological sites, It has never been possible to steal it. The reasons are not known, but the population believes this chullpa has some power by which the people who attempted to steal it always returned to his site Atulcha.
- Craft workshop Atulcha: The craft workshop of the Atulcha community was recently born, about the year 2006, where, thanks to the support of partnerships, they have developed skills in the elaboration of ornaments in wood quenuas and cactus, typical of the area. It is a new livelihood for the community and its development.
- Paintings of Atulcha: The rock paintings of Atulcha are a witness of ancient civilizations living in the area. The paintings represent Zoomorphic figures.
- Mirador de Manica: The viewpoint of Manica is located in the town. It is a small hill where in the past held rituals and customs, currently there are some remnants of stones that were used as tables. The population of Manica has made a path that allows you to turn the viewpoint. On one side you can see the center town and the other, salinas land and surrounding hills.
- Legends and oral tradition: In the village of Manica is very strong tie with the most ancient civilizations, the population has memory of their ancestors through stories and legends which characterized the people and that in time are transmitted from generation to generation.
- Canyon Poterro: The Agencha Poterro of Santiago Canyon allows a walk in the midst of unspoiled nature which is located near the town. It is the ancient stream of a river where there is currently no water, but different type vegetation.
- Mirador Calvary with cactus: The clavario of the Church of Santiago de Agencha is given as viewpoint of the landscape. The rise is characterized by the presence of cacti columnar growing near the road.
- Archaeological Museum of Aguaquiza: The Archaeological Museum of Aguaquiza has a variety of objects and tools belonging to last civilizations. These include arrows of small and medium dimensions, agricultural objects, kitchen utensils.
- Woods of cactus and queñua Artisan Center: Handicrafts produced by the population of Aguaquiza are made of cactus and quenuas typical of the area. Through training and training the population has undertaken and developed techniques of carved of wood building is a possibility of alternative economic benefit.
- "The wonders of Zepita" tourist complex: The tourist complex "Las Maravillas of Zepita" includes a cemetery of chullpas in a cave with underground tombs, a lookout on the top of the cave and the cave of the galaxies, The grotto of galaxies has a great scenic value for the particular internal formations of white color, Some studies say that you it's petrified seaweeds. It is an interesting complex of tourist attractions where the Aguaquiza community has focused its efforts on the enhancement of the site.
- Paintings of Llavica: The rock paintings are located in a ravine near the town of Llavica, they represent pets (llamas or donkeys) in white and Red. There is no scientific studies on paintings. From the heights of the Gorge you can see the village of Llavica and its surroundings.
- Door of the Inca – Chaupin Pukara – Inca Corral Pata: The circuit proposed in the communities of Llavica and Villa Candelaria enhances nature and some archaeological remains that after 10 km. walk is located in the top of a hill where you can see the surrounding area. These remains preserved in good condition, they have the name of door of the Inca, Chaupin Punkara and Inca Corral Pata.
- Museum Kawsay Wasy - Necropolis: An archaeological museum that has an infrastructure which displays objects and belongings of civilizations past with detailed explanations historical and chronological is located in the town of San Juan de el Rosario. A path of interpretation of a necropolis openwork of a multitude of tombs is part of Museum of oval shape inside where Mummies and utensils.
- Archeological site Lakaya: The archaeological site Lakaya, which in quechua means "village in ruins" is one of the most important pre-Columbian settlement of Lipez, that is known to the Bolivian Altiplano South of the Salar de Uyuni, the site covers some 7 hectares distributed in two main sectors: a stronghold atop-fortified and a town at its foot. It was inhabited between the 12th and 17TH A.d.; an era marked by profound social and political changes, including the expansion and collapse of the Inca Empire and the Spanish conquest of America.
- Escocali: Escocali is a town away from Santiago K where accessed on foot. It has a rocky landscape and typical vegetations. Cave paintings that are located on the slope of a flat and smooth rocks, because of the time and exposure to the elements, they are currently not very visible. However, walking and travel are interesting for nature and environment.
- Ayarwakuna: Ayarwakuna is an archaeological site where there are remains of buildings from housing or human settlements previously present in that area silos. There are stone buildings located at the base of a large rock wall. The local population thinks that these constructions were used to punish people who was left isolated in that area.
- Laguna San Antonio: Laguna San Antonio is a medium-sized Lake located at the foot of a high rock wall. It is a permanent pond inhabited by several species of birds and contornada by high slopes of smooth rock.
- Cave paintings and chullpas of Santa Barbara: The cave paintings and chullpas of Santa Barbara are in good state of conservation. They are located in a small cave at the foot of a hill. The paintings represent the place of Red. Unfortunately there are no scientific studies and therefore you can not define exactly with more certain data.
- Broken Pukara: The Pukara Gorge as it defines the name is a pukara are recognized where homes or silos of past civilizations, located on the flat tops of high rocks that form a deep gully. It has a drop, CIMA-base of approximately 100 m. It offers a cute show enriched by the permanent River that runs at the base of the Gorge.
- Stone Zoo: Close to the town of Villa Mar, is a plateau with a lot of rock isolated from each other, among them there are formations that become forms of animals and objects. It is a place suitable for walks.
- Llajtaq'Aqa Villa Mar: "Llajtaq'aqa ' name indicating stone village, According to the "old" from the village of Villa Mar. Large rock walls smooth to create a peculiar landscape were erected in the middle of a plain.
- Puka Pukara and Tomas Laq paintings ' to: The Puka Pukara is an archaeological site that preserves the urban structure and probably defensive walls of past civilizations in very good condition. The rock paintings are located near the Puka Pukara. Are anthropomorphic and Zoomorphic representations.
- Center village San Cristobal: The current town of San Cristobal is the "new" village which was built by the presence of the mineral deposits that currently are being exploited through the mining company San Cristobal. In the past the village of San Cristóbal was farthest away from the actual. The town is a new development which has many communication services, feasibility, public services.
- Oriel Irucancha: The Irucancha mirador is a natural viewpoint which is complemented by a small house made of wood to better enjoy the landscape to 360 degrees. From this vantage point you can see excavations open pit mining company San Cristóbal on the one hand and on the other, seen in its extension the Salar de Uyuni, or Tunupa with its islands and hills.
- Centro poblado Kulpina K: Culpina K o Kulpina K is a town which is part of the "model villages" in terms of reconstruction has been sought to valorize cultural aspects as the use of stones for constructions, the style and the urban organization also used concepts typical of the area.
- Archaeological ruins of Laguna vein: Impressive settlement of 7 has. D e extension with dozens of large almost cylindrical towers which are today completely empty but in a good state of conservation. The towers have retained their cover by a forward Vault. The natural unevenness between the Hill and the surrounding Esplanade, have they helped to install enclosures made of stone attached to the natural walls that should serve as living quarters. The presence of water should favor grasses agriculture and tubers. It exists in area lack of ceramics and other materials. In chronological terms Sitemap we can ascribe to the late regional development period. (1100-1460 stán. C.).
- Cerro Cuvincho: It is a mountain, isolated in the middle of a large plain which provides a beautiful landscape setting and the chance to observe flora and fauna typical of the Highlands.
- Craft Center of dug well: The craft center of dug well, It produces garments made of alpaca fiber, with natural and synthetic dyes. You don't have at the moment a variety of garments production, It is rather limited by lack of markets.
- Cross Vinto. In Cruz Vinto, the houses are crowded together on a plateau surrounded by rocky cliffs, that rises around 100 m above the surrounding terrain. The village can only be reached by Northwest and Southwest edges of the plateau, that are protected by walls of 1 m thick, with three entrances well defined and several openings like "pockets", from where the occupants of the site can spot the enemy without exposing it to shoot with bows and arrows . Cruz Vinto has public spaces or squares, you are clearly recognizable due to the high density of the building.
- Oriel Kollije: The Kollije mirador is located at 16 km from the village of Colcha K. It is a hill from which one can observe the Salar de Uyuni, its islands, the Chilean territory and the cordillera de Lipez. To reach and take advantage of this viewpoint are required one day and good availability for walks. The community is interested in implementing the visit with telescope that allows to visualize the entire environment.
- Church San Cristóbal: The Church, as the people originally from San Cristobal, It was moved stone by stone from its original place because of the mineral deposit on which the population and temple were located. Through a difficult agreement reached between the population and the mining company interested in the area, was accomplished with the support of experts, the comprehensive transfer of Church. The unique touches that have had that is replicated through specific studies and actions have been internal paintings. The Church of San Cristobal has an own 17th-century Baroque type architecture; It was built by the Jesuits. As in its original site, the Church is located within a large area surrounded with perimeter walls, It has the South side to the main entrance to the atrium and the Church in whose central part is a lowered arch flanked by eight arches and smaller at the ends by two sober bulrushes accessible from abroad from a slight retreat from the street. There is also a side income from the West of the square, towards a courtyard then ship. Stand out in the four corners within the perimeter walls cut stone wells covered with vault; There are other two ponds in the village. This monument, with original Latin cross plan presents unique ship, altar minor and major in the arms of the transept. Attached to the left side of the ship is the baptistery where you can see very interesting wall painting. From this, access the high choir, There is also a mural painting on the ship where there is an altar attached to the left side with lateral supports, has attached later to the left of the high altar the sacristy, and this a deposit. The roofs are thatched gable, the walls are wide, tapiales, revoked with Foundation of lime and song.
- Viacha Craft Center: The Association of artisans of the artisanal Center of Viacha produces garments made of alpaca fiber, with natural and synthetic dyes. You don't have at the moment a variety of garments production, It is rather limited by lack of markets.
The altitude of the plateau has an impact on heavily on atmospheric conditions: the air is rarefied and diaphanous, irradiation and heat stroke are high; moisture, low and the diffusion of heat, reduced. Temperature, with exposure to the Sun, is high, While it is low in the shadow.
The municipality has an arid and cold climate. The thermal regime is characterized by an average annual temperature of around 9 ° C, average of 18 ° C and average minimum of 1 ° C maximum. PRECIPITATIONS are scarce, with an average annual value of 202 mm, and they arise from the month of December to March, reaching the maximum values in January. Evapotranspiration is very high, There is a deficit of moisture throughout the year. Frosts occur at any time, but with greater incidence in the months of May to August.
[do_widget id = arpw-widget-12]
[tabby title=”+Info PDF”]
[tabby title=”Tourism companies”]
[do_widget id = arpw-widget-13]