Creation: The Department of Cochabamba was created by Supreme Decree of the 3 in January of 1826, by Marshal Antonio José de Sucre.
City anniversary: 14 September, in tribute to the revolution of 1810, When Esteban Arze, Francisco Rivero and Melchor Gusmán Quitón led the struggle to confront the Spanish subjugation.
Location: 17° 23′ South latitude – 66° 9′ length West
Total area: 348 km²
Altitude: 2.570 on the level of the sea
Relative humidity: +50%
Average temperature. : 15° C
Population: 630,587 HAB. (Fencing, Census 2012)
Religion: Catholic predominance, Freedom of worship
Official time: GMT-04:00 hours
Access phone: Country: 591, City: 4 (591 4)
Zip code: 2500
City of Cochabamba
Cochabamba is in the heart of Bolivia and it shows legendary with its history, their traditions, its varied dishes and all its mystery to dazzle who visite.
Cochabamba Cochabamba's Central Square is the capital of the Department of the same name and is the third largest city in Bolivia, behind La Paz and Santa Cruz. The city is located in the Cercado province, It is one of the provinces of the Department of Cochabamba.
It is located in a valley of fertile land in the central area of the country, in the sub-andina region. It sits at the foot of the Tunari mountain range, where is the cerro Tunari, It is the highest point in the Department of Cochabamba (5,035 masl). In the midst of the city crosses the Rocha River northeast to Southwest. With an average altitude of 2570, the city can boast of an excellent climate.
The city was founded under the name of Villa Real de Oropesa when it belonged to the Viceroyalty of Peru, but was renamed in 1786 with the current name. This name comes from two words quechuas q'ocha, which means Lake or Marsh and panpa amounting to plateau or plain; the translation could be swampy plain, alluding to several lakes which had territory in the beginning and the fertility of its soils. It was founded as a city by order of Viceroy Francisco de Toledo, delegated to the captain Jerónimo de Osorio, who founded the Royal Villa of Oropeza the 15 August of 1571 in the territory called Q'ocha-Pampa where dwelt the Indians of Kanata.
Plaza Colón in Cochabamba is a mixture between ancestral, colonial, Republican and modern. It is the city where ancient customs of native peoples with the evolution of modern and current life merge. It has a rich cultural heritage, architectural and tourist that it can be seen in each of its corners and contrasts with the modernity of the present city offering amenities in hotels, restaurants, places of recreation and others.
The Llajta as it is commonly known to Cochabamba, is privileged climate: tempered, Spring and sunny almost all year days, It has been called the city of eternal spring. Its mild climate coupled with the fertility of its valleys and its varied traditions and customs, they make the city the ideal place to live and the city that you'll never forget by cochabambinos and visitors.
Source: http://cochabambabolivia.NET /
- Martin Cardenas Botanical Garden – CochabambaThis large Botanical Garden of approximately two hectares, It is named after the illustrious Doctor Martin Cardenas, Cochabamba, whom …
- Water Park of Marshal Santa Cruz – CochabambaRecommendations … Water Park of Marshal Santa Cruz – The Cochabamba water park was inaugurated in the year of 1999, …
- Metropolitan Cathedral of San Sebastian – CochabambaIts official name is Catedral Metropolitana de San Sebastián and is located on the South side of the square …
- San Sebastian Hill – CochabambaIn the southern part of the city, very close to the Bus Terminal, San Hill is located …
- Plaza 14 September – CochabambaPlaza 14 September. Colonial style, formerly known as Plaza de Armas, It owes its current name to date more …
- The village at Tupuraya – CochabambaEl Pueblito, Cochabamba is a small old town, located to the Northwest of the city, in the area of Tupuraya. …
- The Court – CochabambaThe great La Cancha market is one of the largest popular markets of Latin America. In it you can find …
- City of CochabambaCreation recommendations: The Department of Cochabamba was created by Supreme Decree of the 3 in January of 1826, by Marshal …
- Laguna Alalay – CochabambaRecommendations … Laguna Alalay – Cochabamba this immense lagoon located south of the city, with an approximate extension of …
- Cristo de La Concordia – CochabambaCochabamba is in the heart of Bolivia and it shows legendary with its history, their traditions, its varied dishes and …
Not in any sidebars Widget
Do you want to advertise your tourist services free of charge?
Radio taxi service
Interdepartmental transportation – rural